2020 - High Speed Rail: Planning and Appraisal
12th - 14th March 2020
The main topic: High Speed Rail: Planning and Appraisal
Goal: discussion on the topic of high speed rail planning and appraisal
Speakers and topics:
- Andrew McNaughton – The Geography of Time. How fast rail enables
economic growth and social equality.
- Chris Nash – The importance of rigorous transport and economic planning appraisal for HSR.
- Germà Bel – The benefits and costs of HSR.
- Paolo Beria – Are prices reduced from direct competition in high-speed rail?
Some unexpected evidences from Italy.
- Oskar Fröidh – HSR planning in Sweden
- Zdeněk Tomeš – The border effect and European high speed rail network
Venue: Charles University in Prague - Karolinum building
Programme committee: Chris Nash, Zdeněk Tomeš, Monika Jandová, Martin Kvizda, Tomáš Nigrin.