- selection of the most important publications. A complete list of the publications of the authors can be found on their personal pages - see the section People.
Martin Kvizda, Tomáš Paleta and collective
1. ed. Brno: Masaryk University, 2017. Railway Reforms vol. 6. in print
Zdeněk Tomeš and collective
1. ed. Brno: Masaryk University, 2017. Railway Reforms vol. 5. in print
Tomáš Nigrin, Zdeněk Tomeš, Daniel Seidenglanz, Petr Mlsna et al.
1st ed. Praha: Karolinum, 2017. Railway reforms vol. 4. ISBN 9788024636276
Germany has always been one of the most important rail transport centers in Europe and is one of the countries with the most comprehensive railway reform and liberalization of the railway industry in the world. The monograph deals with the development of the railway...
1. ed. Brno: Masaryk University, 2016. 202 p. Rail Reforms vol. 3. ISBN 978-80-210-8299-1
The monography focuses on a comprehensive analysis of the applicable competition policy methods in the railway sector, including polemic about need to define the relevant market and to identify the main problems associated with the use of standard methods for defining the relevant market. In single...
1. ed. Brno: Masaryk University, 2014. 148 p. Rail Reforms vol. 2. ISBN 978-80-210-7141-4
On European railways, a reform has been implemented since 1993, consisting of vertical (infrastructure-operation) and horizontal (freight-passenger) sector segregation and allowing competition to enter the rail services market. The main objective of the work was to identify the impact of the reforms...
Models and methods of regulation of the competitive environment on the market of railway transport services - vol. 1. (in Czech)
Martin Kvizda, Zdeněk Tomeš et al.
1. ed. Brno: Masaryk University, 2013. 243 p. Railway reforms sv. 1. ISBN 978-80-210-6733-2
The book gives a comprehensive overview of the current state of theoretical knowledge and modeling in the field of functioning and regulation of intermodal and intramodal competition on the market of railway transport services with an emphasis on European background and of methods...
In: ROTH, Ralf and JACOLIN, Henri (eds.) Eastern European Railways in Transition: Nineteenth to Twenty-first Centuries. 1 ed. Farnham (London): Ashgate, 2013, p. 233-239. ISBN 978-1-4094-2782-7
Czech Military Railways – History and a Comparative Analysis of the Czech Railway Network’s Efficiency
In: Ralf ROTH and Henri JACOLIN (eds.) Eastern European Railways in Transition - Nineteenth to Twenty-first Centuries. 1. ed. Farnham (London): Ashgate, 2013. p. 99-116, 18 p. Modern Economic and Social History. ISBN 978-1-4094-2782-7
The study analyzes and compares the density of traffic on the Czech railway network. The result of the historical analysis is the finding of several segments...
Martin Kvizda, Tomáš Pospíšil, Daniel Seidenglanz, Zdeněk Tomeš
1. ed. Brno: Masaryk University, 2007. 230 p. Rail transport. ISBN 978-80-210-4233-9
The aim is to contribute to understanding the nature and functioning of rail transport: its historical development, institution building, spatial organization, economic policy and railway economic performance. The main motivation for writing this monograph...