5th seminar 2010
11 – 12 November 2010
Main Theme: Competition on European railways - economic, legal and regional factors.
Aim: Discussion of three current problem areas:
- Regulation and charging of transport infrastructure;
- The inter- and intra-modal competition on railways;
- Regional factors of railway competitiveness ;
11th of November
- 10:00 - Z. Tomeš: The effect of introducing competition on railway subsidies in the Czech Republic.
- 10:40 - A. Peltrám: Competition of the railway in the conception of the European Union.
- 11:20 - J. Gašparík: Theoretical principles of a modern approach to rail infrastructure charging.
- 12:00 - T. Pospíšil: Actual costs vs. charges for using the infrastructure.
- 14:00 - J. Chmelík - V. Květoň - M. Marada: Competition of transport modes on the selected session in the Czech Republic.
- 14:40 - M. Kvizda - D. Seidenglanz: Intermodal shift between air and rail transport.
- 15:20 - K. Mendrošová - J. Mašek: Private carriers on the rail transport market in Slovakia and the EU.
- 16:15 - M. Benediktová: Competition on the railway in Bavaria.
- 16:55 - M. Horňák - P. Pšenka: Mutual transport connection of cities by public transport in Slovakia.
- 17:35 - T. Boruta - I. Ivan: Possibilities of assessment of railway stations surroundings and their regeneration on example of Ostrava.
12th of November
- 10:00 - H. Buschbacher: Limits of the competitiveness of conventional regional public transport and the prospects of overcoming them by automated passenger transport systems.
- 10:40 - J. Hrabáček: Traffic resistance and its possibilities of use in assessing the modal split (RWTH Aachen method).
- 11:20 - J. Schmidt: Open-access operators in Europe - forerunners on the solidified railway field.
- 12:00 - I. Drahotský: Potential of railway?