11th Seminar 2016
3 – 4 November 2016
Main Theme: Regional Terminals of High speed rails: build - not to build?
Aim: Discuss the possibilities of assessing the merits of regional stations on high speed rails (HSR) in terms of economic, geographic and politcal.
- Design of methodolgy for assessing the importance of regional terminals on HSR for density of traffic flows;
- Introduction of the pilot project of the consumer survey for the region of the Velké Meziříčí;
- Analysis of selected case studies of regional terminals on HSR in other countries;
- Discussion about potential of HSR compared with the cost of construction and operation.
- The program also included a panel discussion on "Ex post CBA infrastructure projects".
3rd of November
1st Block - Facts and experiences for ther beginning
- 9:30 - M. Kvizda: Opening of the Seminar
- 9:35 - M. Kvizda: GOF4R - Governance of the Interoperability Framework for Rail and Intermodal Mobility, presentation of the project.
- 10:05 - A. Peltrám: The need and possibilities of realization of high speed trains in regional transportation
- 10:20 - J. Volf: Case studies of regional terminals on HSR in Europe
- 10:40 - J. Ponický: High speed rail project in the city of Bratislava
- 11:20 - Z. Záhumenská: The prospect of construction of the high speed rail terminals in Slovakia
- 11:40 - J. Pohl: Physical and economic limitations of traffic on high speed rail
- 12:00 - J. Hrabáček - T. Pospíšil: Possible operational concepts of high speed transportation using regional terminals
2nd Block - The importance of regional terminals on high speed rail for density of traffic flows
- 13:30 - M. Kvizda: The idea and concept of methodology for evaluating regional terminals on HSR
- 14:00 - D. Seidenglanz: Use of big data in the case study of Velké Meziříčí
- 14:30 - Z. Tomeš: Consumer survey in the area of Velké Meziříčí
- 15:00 - T. Nigrin: Guided interviews with political representatives of the region of Velké Meziříčí
3rd Block - Problems and their solutions
- 16:00 - L. Kovárník - J. Novobilský: Possibilities of using big data for analysis of transport markets
- 16:30 - M. Marada: The concept of potential transport accessibility as a criterion in deciding of lining the HSR in Czech Republic
- 17:00 - O. Krčál: The value of travel time on the Prague-Brno route
- 17:30 - J. Dujka: Projection of high speed rail project into urban planing
4th of November
- 10:00 - P. Halámek - J. Nálevka - T. Paleta: Ex post CBA of infrastructure projects - panel discussion
- 12:00 - M. Kvizda – T. Nigrin – D. Seidenglanz – Z. Tomeš: Final summary of the seminar and recommendations of Telč group