4th seminar 2009
12 – 13 November 2009
The seminar was dedicated to the memory of Jiří Dukát, a great expert and railway enthusiast, a regular participant of Telč seminars, who died in October 2009.
Main Theme: Economic, legal and regional factors of competitiveness of the railway.
The focus of thematic blocks:
- Regulation of competition on the railway;
- Regional aspects of the competitiveness of the railway;
- Public subsidies to the state-owned and private rail carriers;
- Limits of the competitiveness of railway transport.
12th of November
- 10:15 - T. Pšenka - M. Horňák: Spatial differences in the competitiveness of train and bus long-distance passenger transport in Slovakia.
- 11:00 - J. Chmelík - V. Květoň - M. Marada: Analysis of transport relations between the Czech regional capitals on the basis of supply and demand for rail transport.
- 11:45 - P. Pšenička: Opportunities and threats of regional railways after 2010.
- 14:00 - J. Hrabáček: Competitiveness of the regional railway in the public transport system.
- 14:45 - J. Schmidt: Apparent fluctuations in the cost price of rail transport under a public service obligation on the Czech transport market.
- 15:45 - M. Benediktová: Procedure for the selection of the carrier for the operation of regional trains in the Pilsen region.
- 16:30 - D. Seidenglanz: The competitiveness of rail and air transport.
13th of November
- 10:00 - R. Neruda: Implementation and protection of competition on the railway market.
- 10:45 - A. Peltrám - M. Duchečková: The limits of environmental effectiveness of the railways and their impact on the finances and state aid.
- 11:30 - T. Otáhal - T. Pospíšil: The Myth of Unbundling the Railways in the Czech Republic.