7th seminar 2012
8 – 9 November 2012
Main Theme: Competition on the railways - the future for the 21st century or the destruction of a network?
8th of November
- 10:15 - Z. Tomeš: Why are postcommunist railways losing their market shares?
- 10:45 - A. Peltrám: Competition on rail and general services in the public interest.
- 11:45 - F. Križan - M. Horňák: Impact of private operator on (public) rail transport: a case study of the company Regio JET in Slovakia.
- 14:00 - M. Kvizda - V. Rederer: Using consumer survey to define the relevant market in the railway transport - possibilities and issues.
- 14:30 - J. Chmelík – V. Květoň – M. Marada: Possibilities of competitiveness evaluation of transport modes: an example of selected radial connections in Czech Republic.
- 15:00 - J. Hrabáček: Specifics of international long-distance transport.
- 16:30 - D. Seidenglanz: Socio-economic consequences of changes in the regulatory environment of the railway - a comparison of the Czech Republic and Germany.
- 17:00 - T. Nigrin: Examples of discriminatory behavior on the railway in Germany - charge for using railway infrastructure and railway stations.
- 17:30 - P. Rusko: Rail Liberalization Index.
9th of November
- 10:00 - J. Gašparík – A. Dolinayová – J. Mašek – M. Halás: Ordering of transport services in public interest in rail transport in Slovakia.
- 10:30 - A. Dolinayová - J. Gašparík - J. Mašek: Competition on the rail transport market in Slovakia and its impact on the modal split.
- 11:00 - D. Michniak - P. Rosik: The importance railway transport and accessibility for tourism development in Slovakia-Polish border.
- 11:30 - J. Pohl: The state and the railways.
Partner of the seminar