3rd seminar 2008
13 – 14 November 2008
Main Theme: Competitiveness and competition in the railway sector - economic and regional aspects of regulation of the competitive environment.
Themes of discussion blocks:
- Economic, technical and the regional factors of intra-modal competition on the railway;
- Costs and benefits of unbundling, regulation of the intensity of competition;
- economic, technical and the regional factors of intermodal competitiveness of the railways;
- microeconomics of competition in network industries;
- Regional and technical specifics of the transport infrastructure, the role of the regulator of the network.
13th of November
- 10:15 - M. Kvizda: Introduction - unbundling and competition on the railway.
- 10:45 - Z. Tomeš: Evolution of competition and regulation on the British railway.
- 11:15 - T. Pospíšil: Case study of Czech railway as an application of the theory of the company under soft budget constraints.
- 11:45 - J. Dukát: Selected problems of competitiveness of rail passenger transport.
- 14:00 - A. Peltrám: Myths and the reality of environmentally optimal division of labor.
- 14:30 - I. Drahotský: Perspectives and development of railway transport.
- 15:00 - D. Seidenglanz: The competitiveness of rail passenger transport compared with other modes of transport in Europe and in the Czech Republic.
- 15:45 - T. Pšenka: Technical parameters of the rail network versus charges for the use of routes on the rail network in the Slovak Republic.
- 16:15 - M. Hrivnák: Transport infrastructure in captivity of state planning.
- 16:45 - J. Gašparík: Allocation of railway infrastructure capacity in the context of harmonization of rail market.
14th of November
- 10:00 - S. Kraft: Spatial analysis of the competitiveness of railway transport in the Czech Republic in terms of time efficiency.
- 10:30 - V. Květoň - M. Marada: Changes of transport relations between regional capitals between 2001-2008 on the example public transport.
- 11:00 - M. Horňák: The importance of traffic position in the process of concentration of the population in the Slovak Republic.
- 11:30 - P. Pšenička: Competitiveness of the system of long distance vs. regional railway transport in the Czech Republic.